Just like all trainers, I'm passionate about getting you results. But first, let me tell you a little about myself and what has brought me here to help you, and others like you. My #1 passion is gymnastics, but I have recently ignited a love for bushwalking and bird watching (and listening, I love their songs)!
I am just like you. I am busy, I get tired, I have different stresses pop up and throw my routine all out of whack. But I refuse to let that get me down, and I want to help you be equipped to deal with life as you reach your goals.
Reaching your goals isn't just about exercising and going on a diet. No way - it's much more than that! Reaching your goals is multi-dimensional. Exercise is very important, but it really is just a small portion of what it takes to make lasting change in your life. While I'm no life coach or counsellor, I do like to discuss with you these things:
- Why do you want to reach your goals? Not just why, but WHY.
- What do you feel has hindered you from reaching your goals up until now?
- What's your nutrition like?
- What's your sleep like?
- As well as anything else that may come up that is important for you to reach your goals.
Whenever we catch up, our space is a no judgment zone. 100% honesty! If I don't know what you enjoy, what you struggle with, and your motivation behind wanting to change, I can't help you!
My training philosophy is:
- Exercise smart. Use a combination of exercises that will get you the results you want, but also give you what your body needs.
- Have fun. Don't you agree that as we get older, life can get a bit stale? We should exercise in a way that we enjoy!
- Take ownership. When you take ownership of your choices, your situation, and your goals, amazing things start to happen!
- Empowerment. All of this stuff is designed to empower you! As much as I love long term relationships, I don't want you to be reliant on me forever. I want to empower you with sound exercise knowledge and skill, to help you learn how to best nourish yourself, and to learn how your mind is your greatest weapon in change. When the time is right you'll be more than capable and confident to continue making great progress on your own. (But of course I'll always be here to help when you need it!)
- Training for performance. Exercising to lose weight is 100% fine if you're doing it for yourself, but let's throw in some fun little strength or endurance goals along the way to give us a distraction! (Fun fact - training for performance allows your aesthetic goals to happen way faster!)
- Celebrating wins. I don't care how small they are. We celebrate good things that happen!
- Practice stretching. Your body needs it in so many ways!
What I don't stand for:
- Photoshop. That crap causes depression and eating disorders. However, I do approve of lighting adjustments so we can better appreciate the colours and features of an image :)
- Working so hard you barf. Fair enough, work hard, and train with intensity! But not to the point that you vomit. I like to keep my nutrients inside my body, and would prefer if you did too.
- Short term challenges. I used to love doing short term challenges, but I have learned over the years that good things take time! A short term challenge can be really handy to get back into the swing of things if you already had a good exercise habit, and want to start up again after a short break. But for a lot of us, that's not what we need. Let's think about what you and your goals need - for someone who is overweight, it will take a long time to get back to your desired body shape and size. For someone who wants to build lean muscle and get stronger, it may take you a while to do that. I'm not sugar-coating either situation with false promises to get you to start training with me, as I have seen so many people in the fitness industry do. I'm in this for however long it takes! Twelve weeks or twelve months!
If you'd like to get to know me more, why not head over to my Instagram? Or if you're ready to have a chat about what your training options might be, head to my page on How To Get Started :)